Crosby User's Guide for Lifting Online Training Program
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s not always easy to find the time to teach ourselves new information. However, we all know how important it is to be knowledgeable and safe when it comes to the powerful rigging products we rely on every day. Fortunately, our User’s Guide for Lifting training program makes it easier than ever for all users to master the fundamentals of rigging when using Crosby hardware in conjunction with wire rope, chain, and synthetic slings.
For many years, we offered this training program on CD-ROM and it was immensely popular. Now, we are thrilled to offer this enhanced, online version of the program via the Crosby website. (See link below.) The course covers the principles of rigging by following the format of the Crosby User’s Guide for Lifting pocket-sized rigging card. Comprised of 15 bite-sized videos, the web-based program makes it easy to either work at your own pace or tackle the entire course in about 4 hours. Upon completing each of the 15 videos, your comprehension of that topic’s material will be assessed with a quiz. When the entire course is completed you will receive a Crosby Certificate of training completion. The cost to participate in the Crosby User’s Guide for Lifting training program is just $15.00.
The educational modules in this new Crosby training program include:
- Risk Management & Terminology
- The Basic Rigging Plan
- Inspection of Rigging Hardware
- Inspection of Slings
- Wire Rope Sling Capacities
- Wire Rope Sling Connections & Hitches
- Chain Sling Capacities, Connections, & Hitches
- Synthetic Web & Round Slings
- C.O.G. / Weights & Measures
- Sling Angles
- Shackles & Hoist Hooks
- Links, Rings, & Turnbuckles
- Eye Bolts & Hoist Rings
- Operating Practices & Load Control
- Wire Rope Clips
Additional topics discussed include: Calculating the Weight of the Load, Center of Gravity, ASME/OSHA Standards, and Load Control Basics.
The introductory & instructional video can be accessed at:
Experience Crosby Shackles
Download the Shackle 101 eBook and Crosby Rigging App for FREE!
Crosby (literally) wrote the book on shackles and now you can reap the benefits by downloading the Shackle 101 eBook. As an added bonus, we're throwing in the Crosby Rigging App so that you have the complete resources you need to get started with selecting the best shackles for your rigging, lifting, and material handling needs.
Shackle 101 eBook Features:
- Easy-to-follow descriptions of the different shackle types and their uses
- Shackle application best practices
- Important tips for shackle identification and inspections
- Definitions of terms you're guaranteed to see when selecting shackles
- Links to industry resources
Crosby Rigging App Features:
- Available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices
- References to standards for basic rigging terminology
- Keyword search
- Support for portrait and landscape orientations
February 25-26, 2016
April 11-17, 2016
May 2-5, 2016
Houston, Texas, USA
May 19, 2016
Houston, Texas, USA